June 13, 2010

An Apple A Day

After our vacation, Chris and I found a house full of flowers. Our front yard had vibrant reds in the tulips, purples of a ground cover plant (unknown name), yellow of a different ground cover plan (another unknown name). But the one thing we were most excited about were our amazingly fragrant and pink and white flower-filled apple trees. Do you know why?
That means that depending on how much the bees were lurred to the sweet pollen off of our flowers, we'd get buckets full of apples in late Summer. I have so many ideas of what do to with all those apples - pies, cider, butter, chocolate/caramel/candy covered apples, and much more that I don't even know about. Makes me happy. Check'em out...



This last one is from our backyard. In total, we have 4 apple trees. Whoo-Hoo for apples!


1 comment:

Joy said...

you know what's funny? my first thought was applesauce and you didn't even list that. You'll have to make some for my kiddos. The trees are beautiful. I hope you post pics of them full of apples later this year!