November 13, 2008

Kolaches for Sale

Just saying the name of the pastry makes my mouth water.

Have you heard of kolaches? If you're a Texan, chances are that you know these wonderful baked goods. I remember I used to stop by West, Texas on my way up to Dallas or down to San Antonio just for some great sweet or meat-filled kolaches. Mmmmm. I guess you can say that Chris and I miss being in Texas sometimes as he has started making kolaches. The fillings he's made so far are cream cheese, fruit jelly, sausage and cheese, sausage and jalapenos and ham and cheese.

This is a picture of all the fillings/flavors.

Wow! They have come out so delicious!

He actually makes them and sells them at work. He's really enjoying it. He loves to see what people think and is still trying to perfect the recipes and fillings based on feedback.

I sometimes think it's kind of crazy to put so much effort (4 hours) into these little delicious treats. I'm not complaining though - I enjoy these reminders of good ole Texas.

Texas Texas Yeeehaw!

PS. We are now accepting internet orders. All major credit cards accepted.

No comments: