June 15, 2008

Spring Blooms

Seasons...that's something I didn't truly get to experience in Texas or Florida. What a different story it is here in Colorado where things are very much marked by its season. Ski season is from around December - April. Rafting is generally from April - June. Mountain biking and hiking is around May - August. And the cycle continues. Chris has had to get accustomed to this as he was used to being able to mountain bike whenever he desired...not so much here.




I've also noticed how the seasons have almost orchestrated how our flowers bloom. Our beautiful red tulips emerged in late April and quickly disappeared. Then, suddenly, we had amazing lite purple irises dancing right next to our home. So fragrant and a joy to watch. The sun had their way with them, BUT low and behold our abundant roses in red, white and pink came into center stage.








All of our trees have bloomed in the same way.







All these things have really reminded me of God's plan and how every season happens for a reason. Things come and go in our life and we can choose to take something positive from each experience. I love the imagery of a symphony and how the director tells a story with the variety of instruments at his disposal. It's comforting to know that God is our director and we get to trust and lean on Him. Who knows what next season will bring... perhaps a few strawberries, tomatoes and bell peppers (our very first baby bell pepper is shown below).




1 comment:

Joy said...

You are my inspiration! haha I love that you have so much growing in your yard! It's so hot here that nothing survives in my back yard...but that's mostly because I always forget to water. But I was just telling Aaron that I'd like to start a garden. I know a big jump from one aloe plant to a garden, but I would just love to cook Leia something fresh from our yard. I'll have to start asking you for growing tips! I'm happy for you, getting to enjoy the seasons. I loved having a fall and spring in Tulsa. Here in CC, it's summer almost all year and then a quick winter that feels more like fall. uh! Well good luck on all the new things growing and whatever blessings this season brings you!